Material Considerations for New Doors and Windows
There are four main types of materials for your new units and here is a very short overview of them.
- Perfect look owing to the natural origins
- Great insulation
- Can be re-painted (and must be from time to time)
- Requires much maintenance
- Lowest price in the market
- Sturdy and durable
- Little maintenance
- Not energy efficient
- Best quality-cost match
- High resistance to moisture
- No maintenance
- Not advised for cold climates
- Great appearance with lower price than wood
- Most energy efficient and offers great insulation
- Lightweight, durable and strong.
Now you know basic characteristics of materials for windows and doors and so can decide which one will work best for your home. Try to keep in mind not only appearance of your home but also environmental impact.